9th April 2014
This session aimed to explore two key questions:
- What policy interventions related to mindfulness could improve wellbeing in the UK without increasing public expenditure?
- What are the barriers and opportunities for putting these interventions into practice? Are the key barriers specific to these particular interventions, or are there also general barriers relating to the value policymakers place on the wellbeing outcomes they could achieve?
The expert witnesses were:
– Professor Willem Kuyken, Exeter University
– Heema Shukla, Public Health England
– Dr Jonty Heaversedge
– Richard Burnett, Mindfulness in Schools Project
– Professor Katherine Weare, University of Southampton
– Dr Anthony Seldon, Master of Wellington College