10th March 2014
This session aims to explore two key questions:
- What would UK labour market policy look like if it was motivated by the aim of maximising well-being rather than growth?
- What changes would be needed (either in the policy process or in the evidence base) to make this approach a reality?
The expert witnesses were:
– David Norgrove, Chair, Low Pay Commission
– Dr Andrew Clark, Paris School of Economics
– Nicola Smith, Head of Economics & Social Affairs, TUC
– Stephen Bevan, Head of the Centre for Workforce Effectiveness, Work Foundation
– David Mobbs, Group Chief Executive, Nuffield Health